Saturday, May 12, 2012

Switzerland is Pristine!

After my business finished in the UK, I met a friend at Heathrow and finally started vacation!  Our first stop was Interlaken, Switzerland.  I had never heard of Interlaken or Jungfraujoch before and truly I have Matt Lauer to think for the idea, during his annual "Where in the world is Matt Lauer?".  Once I saw this place on the Today Show I knew I had to go, so here we are :)

Cindy on the balcony of the Hotel Bellevue, Interlaken, Switzerland
The views were stunning, I can't remember ever seeing such clear and untouched beauty.
Junfraujoch, Switzerland - 11,333 Ft. above sea level

At 11,333 ft above sea level, the air is getting a little thin up there, I got dizzy several times and had to sit down to catch my breath.

Sphinx Observatory, Junfraujoch, Switzerland

Me on the Top of Europe, with my trusty raincoat
It was cold in the morning, but by the afternoon, the coat and scarf had come off.

The end of a long walk 
There is along walk from the Top of Europe resort and at the end is a family run restaurant high on the cliff, I highly recommend taking the walk and stopping in for a bite to eat or a beer.

Swiss beer on the Swiss Alps

Lauterbrunen, Switzerland

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Carry-On Style!