Friday, June 29, 2012

4th of July Weekend Getaway


The weekend before the 4th of July is upon us and that means a lot of people will be hitting the road for a fun filled weekend away from home.  Normally I talk about flying (and business), but since AAA is predicting record number of people hitting the road, I thought I would plan for a road trip weekend getaway.




I think dresses are the perfect way to travel.  To me they are more comfortable than shorts, jeans, or leggings.

This t-shirt dress is the ultimate in comfy, but cute travel.  Pair it with a some cute sandals and easy accessories and you're ready to hit the road.

When I buy a weekender tote, I look for something that is cute, functional, but sleek looking.










When I pack for a trip, I pick a color scheme and stick with it. Since this is a 4th of July Weekend Getaway, I decided to embrace the whole red, white, and blue.

Don't forget your hat and sunscreen, nothing says "fashion don't" like a blistering sunburn.










Watching the fireworks is my absolute favorite thing to do.  I love the music, crowds, and of course the fireworks!

This dress is casual enough that you can go sit under the stars and watch fireworks.  I would pair this with some wedges, because I think wearing wedges on grass is a lot easier than heels.











Travel day home is always my favorite, because no matter how many places I go, I always love coming home.  I chose a long skirt, tank, and cardigan for the drive back home for comfort.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Carry-On Style!