Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Packing for a Conference

One corporate event I look forward to is my company's annual conference.  However I dread packing for it.

I should be used to packing for business trips, after all I do it every week, however going to the annual conference requires a different packing list.  Along with day sessions and training (in chilly conference rooms), I now have to think about what to wear for dinners, receptions, a team outing, and a wine social somewhere in there.

Here is the general schedule of the conference:
Saturday: Travel Day
Sunday: Training Sessions/Informal Reception
Monday: Sessions/Awards Dinner
Tuesday: Sessions/Dinner/Group Activity
Wednesday: Sessions/Travel Day

One thing that is good, is even though some of these sound like they will be dressy events, my company is relaxed, generally business casual is the most dressed up you need to be.  I plan to

Packing List:

  • White slacks (Sessions & Sunday Reception)
  • Jeans (Travel Days & Group Activity)
  • Tan skirt or slacks (Sessions)
  • Charcoal slacks  (Sessions)
  • Silk button down shirt (Sessions)
  • Printed silk top (Sessions & Sunday Reception)
  • Cowl neck blouse (Sessions)
  • Short-sleeve top  this and/or this (Sessions & Group Activity)
  • Neutral color cardigan (Sessions & Travel Days)
  • Crochet Dress (Awards Dinner) 
  • Tan Pumps (Sessions & Dinners)
  • Black Pumps (Sessions & Dinners)
  • Flats or Flat Sandals (Travel Days & Group Activity)
  • Coordinated jewelry 
I always end up packing one more outfit than I actually need and this list would get me at least one more day.  Some think this is over packing, but I've had heels snap, spills, and tears, so I like to have a Plan B.  I will bring items that I always travel with such as workout clothes, workout shoes, and all the rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Carry-On Style!